Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm baaaaaaack!!!

The bad girls' trip to Walt Disney World was, as usual, completely fabulous, way too short, and utterly filled with frivolity. Thursday night found me salsa dancing in the middle of the Pleasure Island street with a much-younger man. OK, yes, he was a fabulous gay boy; I adored him. He could dance!

Being responsible party girls, we always rode the bus to PI and back, and every night, Krisi tried to convince all the bus drivers to take us to Burger King. ROFL!!!

Friday night, someone broke a glass. That's a feat, because there's no glass on Pleasure Island. Someone sought out the one piece of breakables in a 3-mile radius, and she broke it. Then she disappeared from the bar. I'm not saying who it was, but I'm just saying, I saw it.

Same night, our bus driver drove us not to a bus stop but directly to our building in our resort. What a sweetie!

Saturday night, I decided to test my theory that one could get killed in a tragic drunken revolving dance floor accident*. Death did not occur, but man, I have not laughed that hard in a long time.

*No one was hurt. But please do not try this at home.

The bus ride back to the resort was most fun that night -- we had a busful of merry Jamaican gentlemen who felt like singing. And one very quiet Scottish guy whose every word was pure gold. I adore that accent! I just couldn't get him to say more than five or six words at a time!

Sunday night, when PI was its quietest, we skipped merrily from club to club, saying sad goodbyes to all our favorite bartenders and security guards. Sniffle! Another fabulous bad girls' trip is over.

Thank heaven for strong coffee and the lilikoi juice at the Polynesian!

During the daytime, we rode rollercoasters and flying machines; we nibbled a little at the Food & Wine Festival, and we watched some fireworks. The weather was cooler than it was a month ago, thank heaven, and the best meal was our traditional lunch at the Concourse Steakhouse.

It was a great trip, and I highly recommend WDW for adults, especially during the Food & Wine Festival. I do not recommend Caribbean Beach resort. It's too darn big and spread out; the transportation to the parks is too slow; and there's a clerk in the gift shop who's got a bad attitude. I wish we had stayed at the Contemporary. Seriously.

I can't believe it's over. I need another trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home