Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hot Cranky People & I wanna report!

First of all, Sara, if you're out there, I have been meaning for two weeks to do a segment on Grits to Glitz about your fictional band name segment on How Much Do We Love and ... Hot Cranky People.

For the other readers, Sara is half of the magnificent duo who present the fabulous HMDWL podcast. When she revealed that her fictional band name, Hot Cranky People, was inspired by an August trip to Disney World, I shouted with laughter and understanding. I have been to WDW in August. It is *hot*. And there are lots of people who don't respond well to that kind of heat. Me included. I much prefer May in Orlando (for the Garden & Flower Festival) or November (for the sublime Food & Wine Festival). Not only is the weather much more pleasant, but there's some kind of festival to distract you if you do get overly warmish.

As for Lori Davis, sneaking in with a Club Scrap Retreat comment -- I am so jealous! I would love to have gone to Retreat this year. I miss Wisconsin, I miss CSHQ, I miss all of the lovely CS members and all the stuff we learn at Retreat!!! Please send me a trip report about your weekend in Neenah! I'll send you my Disney report. I've just about finished it in a Word document, and it's only 59 pages long. Single spaced. Not including photos. ROFL! I told you it was too frank! The only people who've read it so far are my sister Amy and my longtime Disney-freaks friends ... whom I will be seeing in about two weeks for another bad girls' trip to WDW.

Ahhhh, another good Tuesday. Gotta go pay the Kohl's bill now. Wish I were in Wisconsin... or Florida!

1 Comments:

At 24/10/06 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*waves*

I'm getting hot and cranky just *thinking* about WDW in August! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home