Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Cereal box advice


My Product 19 had advice for me this morning.

It has been a long, long time since I sat silently at a breakfast table with a bowl of cereal and stared at the box. Do you remember doing that when you were a kid? I certainly do.

As an adult, though, my breakfast is usually inhaled while running around doing 18 other things with the news running in the background.

Today was different. I was staring at my cereal box and I noticed a sidebar. "Embrace Your Day," it said. Then it -- the cereal box -- told me how to embrace my day.

1. Invite a friend over for breakfast.
Excuse me? Seriously? I can't believe I subject my own poor children to my early morning company, much less some non-family member who did nothing to deserve such wretched treatment. I am not fit company until I've been awake for at least three hours. If I took that advice, I would not have that friend for long.

2. Get involved in your local farmer's market.
We don't have a farmer's market. The one in Knoxville charges too much money and doesn't provide tables. I'm pretty sure I already ranted that rant. Didn't I?

3. Buy yourself some flowers.
Oh! OK, now we're talking! After I buy myself some flowers, can I also buy myself some chocolate and shoes?

The cereal box goes on, but I'm worn out from the arguing inside my head. I think I will just embrace my day the way I usually do -- homeschool the kids, write a newsletter, and take a walk with my camera this afternoon to get some springtime in Tennessee pictures for my sister. Is that embraceable enough for the Kellogg's company? Maybe I should write to them and ask them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home