Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Twitcher (a.k.a. "evil genius)

See? I said I had lots of cute cards to sell.

Anyway, my left eyelid has been twitching all day. It's driving me crazy. I keep having to hold it shut to make it stop twitching. Since I'm legally blind in my left eye, not being able to see out of it is not at all bothersome. I don't see out of it, anyway. That makes the muscle issues *really* annoying. I don't even need that eye. So why the twitching?

My sister Amy writes this promising explanation, though:
"The uncontrollable eye twitch is a classic sign of evil genius. I knew you were a genius, but the evil part is a surprise."

Oh! That makes me feel so much better. I always wanted to be an evil genius. Instead I turned out to be a cute, poetic, greenthumbed, bird-watching, Thanksgiving-dinner-cooking sweetheart. Dang it. All my plans are going awry.

Wesley and I are going to the theatre at UT tomorrow night, and I am almost sure that they're going to disappoint me. We saw "Major Barbara" last fall. Then the cast of Major Barbara pulled out the very same characterizations for the party scene in "A Christmas Carol." I'm willing to bet my last dollar that the very same graduate students will be cast in the very same corresponding roles for "Guys & Dolls." I haven't read any reviews. I'm waiting to write my own rant.

And yes, that might actually make me a genuine evil genius.

P.S. -- To those who wrote -- and Sara wasn't the only one! -- about the hummingbird nectar and whether or not I changed it. Yes! I did! I have left out nectar too long in years past. I always feel guilty when we go on vacation, too. Will my neighbors change my nectar for me? No? Well, could they just take down the feeder after two or three days? Poor little hummingbirds. I've been getting them inadvertently drunk for years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home