Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, April 13, 2007

If you love something...

You know that saying? "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't..."

(I like both the original, schmaltzy version and the wickedly funny joke ending, so I'm leaving it unfinished. Y'all can fill in the blanks as you see fit.)

Well, I love Club Scrap. Always have, from the moment I first got my hands on the paper. Nothing else ever feels like CS paper. They make their very own paper now, you know. Extra-luscious. It's just my kind of stuff.

So I stopped scrapbooking. I didn't cancel my Club Scrap membership; I just stopped using the paper and goodies to make scrapbook pages. I used the paper and goodies to make other things.

And at the Rolling Retreat two weeks ago, Club Scrap came back to me, smacked me upside the head, and hollered, "HEY! BAY! YOU LOVE ME, DANG IT!"

Or something close to that.

So I'm giving in to this passion. And I think love like this should be shared. I feel like putting flowers in my hair, joining hands with some hippies, swaying on a hillside and singing, "I'd like to teach the world to scrap/ In perfect harmony/ I'd like to buy the world a kit/ And keep it company."

(Yes, now I'm ripping off classic Coke commercials. I can't help it. If I were a little less in control of my emotions, I'd be jumping up and down on Oprah's couch right now. "LOVE! WOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOO-EEEEEEEE! Yeehaw!" Like Tom Cruise. Or whoever last jumped around on Oprah's couch. Come to think of it... I wonder if Oprah has ever gotten her hands on Club Scrap paper?)

It's official. I signed on the dotted line; I sent the paperwork to CSHQ; I'm waiting for my official Resale Certificate and sales tax ID number and my business cards.

I'm a Food For Craft Crafter. TM. Banquets and workshops and classes, oh, my!

I can't wait to hold my first Banquet!

Now -- who wants me to come teach in their home? I promise to leave the flowery hippie songs at home -- but not my love for Club Scrap stuff. Nope, I take my passion with me. And we'll see whether or not I ever really set it free!

1 Comments:

At 15/4/07 11:19 AM, Blogger KnitterPam said...

MEMEMEME! I'm having a Banquet on June 16 in Franklin, TN - Shona's doing it. Why dontcha ride with her and come along. You can practice on us! I knew you'd do this. You're just right for this job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home