Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Monday, April 16, 2007

Going to the dogs


Happy Monday!

Oh, yeah, I forgot -- it's Monday. Sigh. Never mind. But wasn't the weekend lovely? I mean, besides the weather. It was still a weekend. Right?

Ahhhh, OK, I'll change the subject. Here's how my life is "going to the dogs" this week:

1. I'm selling more stuff on eBay. (Stamp auction 1 and Stamp auction 2, sniffle.) I don't really love selling my stash, but at least I know that whoever is buying it will love it for me.

I think that's why I take the time to write such crazy descriptions for my auctions. I want my buyers to know I'm emotionally invested in placing my beloved stamps and papers with the best possible homes, and the only reason I'm giving them up is to make room for *more* stuff.

2. I was supposed to go to the dentist today for a cleaning. Ugh. I hate getting my teeth cleaned. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I hate it more every time. And I'm 40 years old, so that's a LOT of teeth cleanings in my past.

I also got up extra-early for this appointment. I don't like mornings all that much more than getting my teeth cleaned. Hmmmmm. I feel a Monday-like pattern in my rants this morning.

Anyway, when I was awake and had coffee in my system, I checked my voice mail... and I don't have to go to the dentist because my hygienist is out today with a sick child. WOOO HOOOO!!!!! What will I do with this whole, glorious day before me?

Oh, wait a second, I just realized it sounds like I'm happy my hygienist's daughter is sick. I'm not. Poor baby girl! I hope she gets better soon!

But in the meantime, I'm going to relish putting off the cleaning of my teefies.

(Snicker -- "teefies." Shades o' second grade!)

3. Finally, and most importantly, my sister Amy and her husband created a video clip for a contest. A&E's "King of Cars" reality show is having a lip synch contest. It's nice to see my favorite dog-nephew Leon starring in a video! (I think it's the best entry, too!) Good luck, Amy & Paul!!! Break a leg, Leon!!!

(And, Amy? Great job sewing that Blue Genie!!!! You're really rockin' the sewing thang!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home