Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Knoxville, YEAH!!!

What's playing on the iPod right now: "9 Crimes" by Damien Rice

I found out Friday that Club Scrap is bringing a Rolling Retreat right here to the heart of East Tennessee. I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to say so in a public place, but -- YEAH!!!!!! Club Scrap Retreat!!!!!! Knoxville!!!!!

I.

Am.

SO.

THERE!!!!

I've been to two Main Retreats in Wisconsin. They rock. They're nothing like "normal" scrapbook events -- for one thing, they don't really focus on scrapbooking. It's papercrafting at its best. I always learn so much more than normal cropping techniques.

Secondly, Club Scrap really knows how to spoil a girl. From fabulous receptions to champagne shopping, from incredible classes to amazing demos, and from wonderful meals to scrumptious gifts, Club Scrap Retreats really don't resemble "normal" crafting weekends.

Also, I'm really hoping that either Tricia or Terri will make it to this Retreat. Tricia -- I can't say enough good things about her. Sure, she's a former Miss Wisconsin America. Sure, she won the talent portion of the nat'l pageant. But honestly, she's a wonderful person as well as being totally gorgeous.

And Terri? Terri Zwicker is my crafting goddess. I want to be Terri if I ever grow up. The thing is, Terri never grew up!

They're both my bestest friends in different ways, and I haven't seen either of them since August, 2005. I miss them! I hope one or both of them make it to the Knoxville Retreat -- that would be the *coolest*.

In the meantime, I invited one of Wesley's co-workers, a young girl named Carrie who's only 22 years old and a totally hooked scrapbooker to the Retreat. I talked to her tonight, and she is soooooo excited! That's so much fun! I don't even scrapbook these days, but it's so nice just to talk to someone who still gets excited about luxurious 80-lb. cardstock!

(I gave Carrie a bunch of one of my Club Scrap kits in September -- and she said on the phone tonight, "I loved that Club Scrap stuff you gave me last year! It's the BEST!" That kind of enthusiasm for my favorite scrapbooking supply company just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over.)

OH! And! Furthermore! I think Wesley and I are going to get a hotel room at the Knoxville Hilton for the weekend. That way, I won't have to start driving at 6:45 in the morning to make it to the Retreat in time for the morning classes, and ... it'll be a grown-ups' weekend out. COOL!

Excellent news, any way you look at it. Come to Knoxville! Hang out at the Retreat! I would love to meet more CS freaks and aficionados!

(P.S. -- Playing on the iPod by the time I finished typing: "Loser" by Beck)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home