Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, January 05, 2007

Greedy beader


What's playing on the iPod right now? "Be Be Your Love" by Rachael Yamagata.

I couldn't resist.

The moment I received this month's kit from Club Scrap -- a theme beautifully named "Fizz" -- I dived right in and started playing with it.

The thing is, it's so black and white and pink and perfectly girlie, I had to use it with last month's Club Stamp "Stamper's Project," the "purse pendant" kit. That project came with the gorgeous and elegant Ivory Elegance theme, which was all ivory and rich browns and golds. But ... I looked at Fizz, and I looked at the purse pendant project, and I just knew they belonged together.

It reminds me of a Judy Blume book. Which one was it that took place in the forties or fifties? The protagonist's family moved to Miami, and her mother took one look at the pink, black, and white tiled bathroom and declared, "It looks like a bordello." I had to look up the word "bordello." Hey, I was 11. Cut me some slack.

My Fizzy purse pendant, of course, does not look like a bordello -- it looks like a fabulous girlie thing. I'm so happy with it! Beads! Stamping! Paper! What else does a girl need?

More beads, right? Yeah -- I'm a greedy beader.

1 Comments:

At 5/1/07 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Starring Sally J. Freedman as Herself!

I also remember learning the word "bordello" from that book. It was also my first time I heard about head lice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home