Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It's About Dang Time!

Finally! Only three months after Amy! I've FINALLY got a hummingbird captured on film! Well, on pixels, anyway. Now if only the bugger would choose a sipping hole CLOSER TO THE DANG STINKIN' CAMERA SO I CAN GET A DECENT SHOT!

::: pant, pant, pant :::

Anyway, it's nice to hear the buzz of a hummingbird's wings again.

Edited to add:
By the way, this photo was taken with my faaaaaaaabulous new camera (given to me last October by my faaaaaaabulously tasteful sister Amy) and my faaaaaabulous new tripod (given to me at Christmas by my incredibly smart husband). If I had not had the new equipment, this would be one terrible picture of a red plastic hummingbird feeder with a black blob on the opposite side. Thank you, Amy and Wesley!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 18/4/06 6:07 PM, Blogger Amy said...

YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as my hummingbirds fly the coop, yours come to save the day! I hope you, too, have growing hummingbird families in your neighborhood and see more birds as the season progresses.

By the way, your hummingbird is much, much flashier than the black-chinned variety we have in Las Vegas. Wish I could see a bright red gorget at my feeder!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home