Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Yippee! (Woo Hoo, The Sequel)


I ... have ... vacation plans!!!!!

It's official; it's a fait accompli; we're going to Disney World!

Nothing better happen between now and the end of September. I'm just sayin'. Is all.

The layout pictured here is about our '98 trip, which was also 8 days long. Oooo, it's so hard to believe my children were ever that young and cute. Now they're vicious teenagers. Snort!

This year's trip has been a long time in the making. Our last family trip was in November of 2003. I was very, very sick before we went to Orlando, and I was very, very sick for the first three or four days. Then I had a total shopping disaster that wrecked two days.

(Note: Never buy a Tinker Bell watch which must be re-sized, because it will eat up too much of your time!)

We were supposed to go back to WDW last year, but darling Guido the cockatiel had his health problems which cost really a lot of money. (And he still died, anyway, but I try not to think of that.) So instead of Mickey and Tink, we had an extra dose of Charleston and beach. And that was wonderful, really. I can't say that going to Edisto Island is a grave disappointment. I just really like Disney World, too.

Anyway, we have our ressies, and we're going to stay at the Beach Club this year. And the trip will span Woodrow's 14th birthday, and he says the only place he wants to eat for his birthday dinner is the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Wesley is so proud, I fear he may burst. Beef! His boy wants to eat a manly meal -- steak! What manly men these fellows are!

So... anyone wanna meet at Illuminations and cry with me? I always cry over the fireworks. I need someone to remember to bring tissues!

2 Comments:

At 13/4/06 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing that I haven't done is finalized my fireworks reservations. Gotta get that done!

 
At 17/4/06 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, have fun at Disney! We were planning to go this year, then I just decided I didn't want it enough, so we're not going after all. I still get these little jealous pangs every once in awhile, though.

btw, your working experience has made me really glad that our local grocery store has always got 2-3 cashiers AND sackers working. If I try to sack my own groceries, they get offended. They try to carry my 3 sacks of groceries out to the car, even when I assure them I can handle it. I'll keep giving them my business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home