Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

What's your style?

I'm so glad I'm not in school any more, getting assignments to write with people whose styles clash with mine. I'm so glad I don't have to do group work. I don't work well with others, especially when it comes to writing.

However, I'm perfectly willing to laugh when someone else has to try to make peace with an untenable partner.

Big thanks to Amy, who sent me this link.

It reminds me of the time in sophomore English when we were supposed to write an alternate ending to a short story. I labored over the thing to keep it in the same style and voice as the original story, and I proposed a perfectly plausible, totally boring alternate ending. My friend Jack turned the heroine into a can-can girl, killed off the hero, and turned the villain into an opium-smoking Western pimp. It was hilarious.

So... what's your style?