Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, March 24, 2006

A much better Thursday



Ah ha! The imaging thing is working tonight! It's a new sign.

Thursday was much better than I thought it would be. I still didn't feel completely spiffy, but I survived. I wrote a newsletter, which went better than I would have thought, given my frame of mind.

My salesperson at the local furniture/appliance emporium called me and informed me of a *major* sale at the store, which impacted how much I was buying to replace the broken washing machine. After consulting with Wesley by phone in Florida, we decided to buy a matching Whirlpool dryer! WOO HOO!!!!!!

I'm excited. I discovered 13 years ago when we moved to this house that I love buying new appliances. New appliances are better than clothes. Not as great as new shoes, but definitely better than clothes.

The photo is of the little alcove between Mama's kitchen, her formal living room, and the study/dining room. It is the only room with stained glass windows, and some of the panes had to be replaced when Mama restored and renovated her house in 1982/1983. You can tell the new panes because their color is more vivid. She bought them at a stained glass store in Atlanta. I'll never forget how excited she was with her purchases. I just always loved the way the reflection on the windowsills were colored. When Amy got married, the piano was moved to that alcove, and I stood there and sang at my sister's wedding.

Furthermore, Wesley decided to take the shuttle from Atlanta to Chattanooga on Sunday, so I don't have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to make it to Atlanta by 8:30 Sunday morning to meet his flight. I can pick him up at noon from a city that's lesss than two hours away! Just more great news!

All in all, I'm glad I made it through Wednesday, on to Thursday, and I'm hoping Friday brings new appliances and a nice last day at Mama's old house.

Fingers crossed, knock on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home