Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Not Tagged

I’ve never been tagged on these “meme” challenges for bloggers. That’s OK – I hardly ever need an idea to kickstart a blog post. My brain is almost always filled up with some kind of drivel that I’ll be writing down eventually.

However, I read one on Jennifer Stewart’s blog, and I found the questions so interesting that I thought I would answer them even though no one tagged me. So here I go – my first meme/tag thingamabob on my blog –

What scrapbooking lines/products do you dislike?
I used to be infamous for my profound dislike of Twistel, the evil paper yarn of yore. That rotten stuff was dyed and twisted up more tightly than a virgin bride's legs on her wedding night. People actually untwisted their own Twistel and sent it to me in an effort to coax me out of my grumpiness. Those people were sweet! But Twistel was evil. I’m glad it has disappeared from the scrapbooking lexicon.

What is the hardest thing you've ever had to scrap?
Emotionally, I have a hard time scrapping anything related to my Aunt Martha. I didn’t know her because she died when I was a baby, but I heard the stories. She was a sad, sad person. Physically, I have difficulty scrapping just about everything else. I’m just not a gifted artist. The entire process is a struggle from start to finish, and I usually scare my cat, introduce my children to new profanities, and injure myself or my surroundings in the making of each new layout.

What technique do you use more than anything else?
Inking. Ink, ink, ink. If it sits still long enough, I’ll probably throw some ink on it.

What is the smallest scrap of paper that you save?
7x7”. That’s big enough to double-mat a standard snapshot and still have room for something to be punched out of it, like big photo corners or flowers. I have too much paper to be saving scraps -- unless, of course, it's truly precious paper like the glorious old Club Scrap Impressionist kit. I have some 2x3" scraps of that. Yummy.

Have you ever had any scrap-related injuries?
Laws, yes. I have a piece of glass still stuck in my foot after two and a half years. Let me just say that microscope slides are great, but microscope slide covers are not so cool. They break too easily, and the slivers hide in the carpet.

Finish this sentence: "If I weren't a scrapper/stamper, I would spend my money on..."
Hmmmmm – I think if I weren’t a scrapper/stamper, I would be forced to spend my money on therapy, because I would go insane if I didn’t have this artistic outlet.

Give us your best storage or organizational idea.
Hire Cori Dahmen to organize your scrap space. I know, she lives on the other side of the continent. However, I am not the least bit organized, and Cori is not only gifted in that department, but she likes to build shelves. So my best idea is to kidnap Cori, bring her home, and let her loose in your scrap space. Then you can both go to Starbucks to celebrate!

You just won a week-long scrapbooking cruise. Who are you taking with you?
Wow – a tough one! Denise Tucker, first of all – I’ve been writing to her for five years and still haven’t met her. Kathi Rarek, because she’s the QK Bomb. Terri Zwicker, because I want to absorb her genius. … I’m thinking…… Yyyyyyyeah, I can’t pick just four. For the last spot, I would bring everybody on my little design critiques Yahoogroup. They’ll just have to share a bed, that’s all.

When you received your first publication notification, who did you tell?
My sister Amy. Amy is the first person I tell *everything* to. She’s my best best friend.

Now that I've done this, I seriously doubt I'll do another. It's hard to come up with short answers for such questions -- and I couldn't be pithy to save myself! Back to the scrap table...

4 Comments:

At 4/3/06 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!
Diana

 
At 4/3/06 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! Shall I send you some Twistel, just for old time's sake? I still have some, you know. :)

 
At 4/3/06 6:16 PM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

Well, we'd be glad to share one bed. We wouldn't sleep anyway, would we?

Okay, you did not post an alert regarding your description of Twistel.
I must now wipe the coffee spit from my screen! LOL

 
At 7/2/07 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Paris hilton free clip Milf thong models at&t cordless phones answering machine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home