Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Thursday, April 20, 2006

FOOMP!



As I mentioned in March, the trees in East Tennessee have an amazing capacity to leaf out in one day. They go along for weeks with buds, and then one day -- FOOMP! Voila. Leaves.

That day this year was yesterday. My world was not this green just two days ago. I had weeds in the grass, yes, but no leafy trees to gaze upon. I saw a couple of hummingbirds, this is true, but no shade from the maples on our street.

Now we have fully leafed-out trees. The weather is so warm that we've already had a number of thunderstorms. (One is, in fact, moving in as I type this.)

Ahhhhhhhhh. I can breathe again.

1 Comments:

At 31/1/07 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home