Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Patience is a Virtue



Ooo! Look! Tomato babies! Well, they're not tomatoes yet, but they will be. Prob'ly not in time for Indepen-dence Day, but that's all right. I can be patient.

Well, I can be patient sometimes.

Like, sometimes I'm so patient, I totally forget that I entered an essay contest. Imagine my surprise this afternoon when I came home from the dentist and discovered an email from Islands magazine. I was a finalist in the Send Me To Tahiti essay contest! Top 11 out of about 850 desperately-slobbering-for-a-free-trip entries! I get a prize package of Tahitian stuff! Do I get a trip to Tahiti? Heck, no!

But I have to confess, I'm totally tickled pink. And shocked to pieces. That essay of mine was really, really sappy, y'all; I mean, that thing was guaranteed to wring tears out of the most taciturn property appraiser. I had to re-read it to see what I had written -- man, I was feeling syrupy the day I wrote it!

Eventually it'll be published on the Islands website's contest winners page. Right now there's just the grand prize winner's essay. Boogerhead! I'm jealous. She's going to Tahiti. I'm not. Pbtpbtpbt!

Wait a second, I just remembered -- I can't go to the South Pacific, anyway. I have to wait for my tomatoes to grow!

1 Comments:

At 15/6/06 12:04 AM, Blogger Amy said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you! You've accomplished such a great feat! You are da bomb! I mean, that's going to be a FABULOUS tomato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the contest thing is cool, too. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home