Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, August 19, 2005

Here!!! Sorta...

Well, the 21st century has nearly caught up with little ole Edisto, because the bookstore now has an "Internet cafe." WOO HOO!!!!!! I'm stealing a few minutes just to stop by and say hi. HI!!!!

This place rocks, as usual. I sleep late, I stay up 'til midnight, I swim when I want to and shop when I feel like it.

The best part? THE FOOD!!!!! We finally went to a place called Po' Pigs Bo-B-Q. I think it's supposed to be pronounced "bob-ecue," but I pronounce it with a long o -- "bow-becue." And man!!!!! It is a real, old-fashioned, Southern buffet, with barbecue and fried chicken and baked beans and cucumber salad and the best hushpuppies and nanner puddin' I've had in *years*. We're going back for lunch on Saturday.

Gotta go -- Hope everyone is well -- just had to say hey and I'm alive and I'm not the least sunburnt...

And this year, as last year, the *best* thing about Edisto are the enclosed, hot-and-cold, outdoor showers. Civilization, at last!!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 20/8/05 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the rest of your vacation is fun and relaxing! Sounds like you're having a wonderful time!

 
At 21/8/05 3:09 PM, Blogger Sophia C. said...

Having spent my childhood in North Carolina and Mertyl Beach, being one of my favorite places on earth... not to mention the salivating I'm doing at the mention of REAL SOUTHERN hush puppies, I'm GREEN with envy right now! Edisto sounds like the PERFECT vacation! Enjoy EVERY moment! Thanks for sharing a few of your bliss!

 
At 22/8/05 6:39 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Been thinking about 'cha, Bay and am so glad that you're having such a great time!
I'm glad you stopped in to say HI!
~jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home