Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Sunday, July 31, 2005

T-shirts

I love t-shirts.

I can remember a day (twenty-one years ago) when I didn't own any t-shirts. I went through all of my childhood and teenaged years owning nothing more than a couple of t-shirts, one of which said, "Vote for Bobby [Somebody]". I didn't wear t-shirts in summer; I certainly didn't wear t-shirts to school. I don't know why, really, except that my mother guided me through all of my shopping excursions, and t-shirts never came up when we were checking out.

When I was a sophomore in college, I owned two t-shirts. One was white with red photo-realistic pigs allllllll the way around the middle. The other was a hand-tinted portrait of Peewee Herman. (This was before his fall from grace.) I loved both of those t's. They were *cool*. The only other t-shirt I wanted and didn't own said "Not a well woman." I never could work up the nerve to buy that one on the grounds that I probably would never be brave enough to wear it.

I was something of a coward.

Now I own lots and lots of t-shirts. Most of them pertain to scrapbooking or Disney. I have a few generic patriotic t's, a small assortment of concert t's, and one that says, "Art Won't Hurt You."

But see, the thing is, I remember vividly my psych professor saying that if we could all wear a t-shirt that said the most profound truth of our psyches, *all* of our t-shirts would say, "Love me."

I remember a *lot* about Intro to Psych. I loved that class.

Anyway, the other day I was telling my sister -- the computer geek -- that I love computer geeks and I wish I had a t-shirt that said, "I *heart* computer geeks."

She actually surfed around until she found something that might suffice. I'm not a gamer, but I am torn between "I *heart* Geeks" and "I *heart* Nerds" *and* that yummy little tee that says, "Wench."

"Wench" is almost as cool as "Not a well woman." Isn't it? But not half as cool as a computer geek.

I *do* love computer geeks. Even though I don't own a t-shirt to procaim my love for them. I'll just have to say it very often until someone makes a t-shirt for me.

4 Comments:

At 31/7/05 1:23 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Ooh! Found one that's just a *little* bit closer! If you can lay claim to a computer nerd, this might be the shirt for you.

I have to say that, much like the "Not a well woman" shirt, I was fond of my post-cancer shirt that pictured a cow on its back with its four feet straight up in the air. It read "Really, I'm fine." That and the big 5" button that said "I am not dead." (What did people do before they had buttons and shirts to express themselves?)

 
At 4/8/05 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother used to have a funny shirt that he actually snuck into his class photo in high school. It said in very large letters:
I SLEPT ON A VIRGIN
island.

 
At 2/3/07 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

 
At 7/3/07 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home