Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Photos next time

I swear, I must take photos. I must take pictures of my tomato plants and my herbs, because I worked on making them feel at home in my yard Tuesday, even though we had record-breaking heat here in the Sunny South. I have no idea why I'm awake after all the work I put into my yard today. Argh!!!!!

After the manual labor in the sweltering heat and humidity, I didn't take a walk. But when I do take my next walk, I'll take my camera. I must take pictures of my three favorite old-houses-that-need-me the next time I take a walk. I want all three of those houses so badly. Two of them are former row houses from the heyday of the tiny Philadelphia Hosiery Factory (circa 1920). One is a gorgeous old antebellum brick monstrosity that makes my husband cringe in horror. I think he's most upset because the current owners have chosen to decorate the front porch with broken appliances.

I swear, if I ever fall into a bucket of money, I'm buying that brick monstrosity and saving it. It needs me the way warm, fresh gingerbread needs lemon sauce. Yea, verily, that house needs me as Rhett needed Scarlett, as tomato plants need MiracleGro, and as a Prius needs its third-generation gas-electric hybrid engine.

In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that this link works. It's a short British film, starring one of the supporting actors from one of my favorite movies Shaun of the Dead. It makes me laugh and cry. Laugh: Because it's hilarious. Cry: Because it reminds me of a writer I knew who is exactly like Bernard!

1 Comments:

At 1/6/06 3:27 PM, Blogger Wanda E. Santiago said...

Bay I love coming here and educating myself!! I agree with so much of what you say!! Stay true always!! Hugs Wanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home