Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Overview of previews for review



I'm still working on turning my goals into a papercraft that will qualify for Cori's goodie-giving. As you can see by the photo, the book isn't bound yet. I won't do that until last thing, and I'm not anywhere near finished with all the pages yet.

The base of the book is a Club Stamp project from the November The Written Word kit. It's a stab-binding little booklet with covers made of Stampbord. I'll tell you a secret -- I'm really not very good with Stampbord. I've seen incredible work on the medium. I'm just not one of those talented people. This is my fourth attempt with it, and it still eludes me.

But I will post pics when I finish this little book. I kinda have to. It may or may not be pretty, but I have to take pictures.

In other news, it appears that I am actually accepted as a "member of the press." Since I'm not much of a joiner, I have no idea how I got to that level of acceptance. But I contacted the media rep at CHA about getting into the trade show in Las Vegas later this month. It turns out all I need to do is show up with business cards or clips that prove I am a freelancer who writes about crafty-type stuff. Is that all? Sheesh, they are not picky enough. I could be a nutjob.

Oh, wait, that's right, I forgot -- I *am* a nutjob. Oh, well, there goes my theory about the high ideals and standards of the crafts industry.

Regardless, I better be prepared for this shindig. Maybe I should buy a notebook and a fedora and stick a little card that says "PRESS" into my hatband. Maybe I should chew Wrigley's gum and say things like, "Hold the presses!" and "Exclusive to City Times!"

I foresee watching "His Girl Friday" before I go to Las Vegas. Rosalind Russell -- what a girl!

1 Comments:

At 16/1/06 7:54 AM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

OMG Bay, this is looking way too cool, and Ms. Cori needs to cough up her goodies.

You're doing WAY better than I!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home