Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Monday, June 25, 2007

I'm here, I swear; I'm OK!

I'm so sorry. I meant to be writing daily updates about my fabulous long weekend in Las Vegas.

I realize that some of you might be worried that I've been incapacitated by an unexpected foray into the darker, seedier side of this oft-maligned city of sin.

Rest assured, I haven't been seduced by the gaming and the debauchery. I haven't gambled away the family fortune, nor have started snorting drugs off the tables in the nightclubs.

Instead, I have spent all my glorious days here happily involved in the lovely, mild pastimes offered to people who don't gamble.

And the very best pastime is hanging out with my dear sister in her lovely backyard pool.

I cannot adequately describe how completely fabulous it is to just put on a swimsuit at 8:00 in the morning and hit the pool running. Every morning I drink my coffee at the table on her covered patio; every afternoon is spent lazily -- and laughingly -- playing in the swimming pool and getting out to sip a Coke Zero or a Starbuck's Mocha Frappuccino.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Steve and Miles of The Strip Podcast, and they are -- genuinely -- truly -- magnificently nice guys. I love 'em to death. (And Miles is such a hottie! I'm madly in love with him!)

I will post a detailed trip report when I get home, but in the meantime, I'm just too busy relaxing and having fun to write.

Gotta go dry my hair -- we lucked into tickets to see The Mentalist tonight. Both Amy and Steve recommend it, so I cannot wait!!!

P.S. to Kathi -- I'm sorry, Kathi, but I haven't spent any time on the Strip this trip, so I haven't had a chance to collect any hooker cards. Maybe tonight?)

1 Comments:

At 27/6/07 1:08 PM, Blogger Kathi said...

I'm glad you're having fun and relaxing! That's wonderful.

I really don't need any prostie/stripper cards. Stacy was really nice and sent me a packet of them when she was in LV last.

Wasn't that sweet?

Give Amy a hug for me.

Yourself too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home