Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, June 22, 2007

VEGAS, BABY!!!

I'm leaving this afternoon, and I'm soooo excited, I can hardly keep my hair on. VEGAS, BABY!!!! (Don't you love that movie "Swingers"?)

Amy and I have talked and planned and scheduled and rearranged the schedule and made reservations and bought tickets -- this is going to be *such* a fabulous trip!

Here are our plans:
FatBurger -- For the luscious chocolate milkshakes. The burgers and thick-cut fries are awesome, yes, but the chocolate milkshakes are, for me, a religious experience. My mouth waters at the very idea!

BagelMania -- We plan to meet some favorite podcasters at Bagel Mania for breakfast. I hope they've got sesame!

Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden -- I'm conflicted, but I've gotta see it. I just read about how white tigers are the result of inbreeding and overbreeding, and most white tigers have severe birth defects and die young. I kind of hope that practice is stopped, and soon. But in the meantime, there are other things to see in the Secret Garden, right? Right! Like dolphins!!! There's a new baby dolphin there. Woo hoo!

The Producers -- I'm very, very excited about this one. Amy and I saw The Producers in NY in October, 2001, and I became Brad Oscar's biggest fan. OK, maybe not his biggest fan -- but still, he's totally brilliant, and I have been dying to see him in the role of Max Bialystock. They recently announced that some substitute is going to take over the role in August, so I'm doubly happy that I'll be in LV before Brad leaves!

Mon Ami Gabi -- Dinner at a nice restaurant? You bet, baby! A few of my friends are even envious that I'll be dining here, so I'll be sure to take pictures and post a complete report and review.

The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay -- This is the "animal" trip, so we're going to take in the sights at Mandalay Bay. I've always liked the name of that hotel. I've never seen it.

The Mix Lounge -- Atop THEhotel at Mandalay Bay, Mix gets great reviews and boasts some stunning views. I wanna see the sunset! We're also going to meet some podcast listener friends for drinks! Yes, I'm taking a trampy camisole or two so they will recognize me.

The Atomic Testing Museum -- I wanna see things blow up! Then I want to worry about residual radiation. Yay! I get both wishes!

Springs Preserve -- We may skip this one if it's just too darned hot. But I would love to see what the Water District did with this historic site.

Now, I'm sure we'll be doing lots of things besides these plans, and we might have to cancel some little things. But isn't it funny -- I'll be in Las Vegas for three whole days, and I can't for the life of me understand how anyone ever has time to gamble! There's just too many other things to do there!

Gotta run finish packing -- Eeeeeeeee!!

3 Comments:

At 22/6/07 2:19 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Ahem.

EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

- Amy

 
At 22/6/07 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! My husband and I stayed at Mandalay Bay back when it first opened. It was our one and only adults only vacation and I was six weeks pregnant in Vegas. No fun. We'll have to go back sometime. In the meantime, I'm sure you'll report back about all the fun you've had.

And maybe by the time you get back, I'll have written another day or two of my report. ;)

Have a great time!

 
At 24/6/07 2:01 AM, Blogger Kathi said...

Yummmmmmmmm...FatBurger's shakes (and burgers). I hope you lift your shake glass, face east, and think of our meal there!

And Bay, will you be picking up any special cards for me?

hahahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home