Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Monday, July 31, 2006

This life for sale


After much soul-searching and worrying, I'm going to be selling a lot of my stamps and scrapbooking stuff on eBay in the coming months. I never thought I would be at this point... but here I am.

I figured now is a good time because I'll be selling some family heirlooms and treasures for my sisters and me. Mama was a great and grand collector. She amassed so much stuff that Amy and I went away with it, and it still comes to such a massive amount of treasures that we just cannot keep it all.

Rest assured, we've gone through the many mementos and collectibles so many times and questioned ourselves repeatedly about whether we're ready to really sell this stuff. We are. We must be. We've tried many times in the past to cull the mountains of collectibles into small enough portions to maintain, but... Mama really was a collector.

Anyway, my Club Scrap stuff doesn't come from Mama, but I think my propensity for hording it might demonstrate her influence on my life. I have loved some of this stuff so much that -- if I used a piece of paper, I ordered another three to replace it -- just in case.

Now I have so many wood-mounted and un-mounted stamps that I simply must divest myself of some of the stash. Not to mention the stacks of gorgeous, limited edition, retired papers and goodies that came from Club Scrap in the last wonderful four years.

I can only hope that these little things will bring as much joy to another scrapbooker as they brought me.

Fingers crossed.

But to the photo above -- the word stamp there -- "Let's Hang Out" -- that reminds me of Grits to Glitz, the podcast that Amy and I are doing now. We're getting some lovely feedback from listeners, and it means so much!

If you want to hear our third episode, just go to our website and click on the links to the episodes. You wouldn't believe the wonderful artwork I received from a fellow scrapbooker! And of course, Amy and I had so much fun planning and recording the podcast. Our motto is, "Please don't let this stink too much!" We're getting toward non-stinkiness, I swear we are!

2 Comments:

At 31/7/06 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe that you're really gonna divest yourself of some of your CS stash!

I hope you do really well and make some good money with your sales!

"Great artwork"??? Hahahahaha. Funny, yes. Great? I don'thinkso!

:D

Kathi

 
At 28/2/07 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it machine slot used wholesale Symantec mcaffee virus scan http://www.onlineblackjack7.info/costa-rica-allegra-papagayo.html allegra logo Bathtubs and construction and salt lake city Buy generic tenuate from canada on line Maryland bextra China singapore real estate search engine optimization

 

Post a Comment

<< Home