Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Monday, July 17, 2006

She's Got Betty Rubble Giggles

You know how Betty Rubble (of the Flintstones) giggles? I was so amazed when Rosie O'Donnell was cast in the movie and could do that exact same giggle. Gosh, I thought, what a neat trick!

Snort.

Turns out I giggle just like Betty Rubble, and I never even knew it!

So -- Amy might kill me for dropping the news early -- but I can't stand it any more. I have waited and waited and waited. (Like someone at the DMV. I -- seriously -- waited.) I've tried to be patient. I don't have much in the way of patience, but dang, I really exerted myself a great deal to pretend that I have patience. I'm collapsing from exhaustion under the weight of this great and terrible secret!

We have recorded and published two episodes of our podcast, entitled Grits to Glitz. It's available on Podshow; it's available on iTunes; and it's available on our website, which is http://www.gritstoglitz.com . If you have an iPod, then you know the drill -- if you don't, then I'll post directions below.

Please, whatever you do, don't download the first episode. Everyone warned us that the first few episodes would suck. They weren't kidding. We still aren't perfect -- far from it -- but if you *do* listen to the second episode, take a few minutes to let us know how we can make the show better.

And *please* enter our contest or leave us a voice mail! Even if all you say is, "Bay giggles just like Betty Rubble and she desperately needs a new vocabulary of superlatives." (I say "wow" a lot. Apparently. ROFL!!!)

How To Listen To A Podcast Without an iPod.
1. Get a computer with a sound system.
2. Go to the link http://www.gritstoglitz.com/episodes.html
3. Very Important: Ignore the link to the first episode.
4. If you have a fabulous cable modem or high-speed connection, you can just left-click on the episode link, and the show will automatically stream into your computer and out of your speakers. No fuss, no muss!
5. If you don't have the speediest connection, but you are DYING to hear our glorious music selections, you should RIGHT CLICK on the episode link, choose "Save As," and put the file in a folder where you can find it. You get to pick your own folder. I am not so mean as to dictate your filing system.
6. Once the episode has finished downloading, you can find it in your folder (don't forget where you put it!), and double-click the file to start listening to it on your computer.
7. Feel free to hit the "delete" button after you've listened. Or, really, any time you want, but the contest is *not* in the first few minutes of the podcast, I'm just sayin', is all.

Again -- please let us know how we can improve! I fear we'll never be as polished as the guys on The Strip or, oh, the guilty pleasure that is Nobody Likes Onions. (Warning: NLO is "explicit." It's also hilarious.)

1 Comments:

At 22/7/06 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bay --

We're downloading your shows now, will listen and report back. Yay!

hey -- NLO is really that funny? I played poker at the Portable Media Expo with the fat jerk from that show and he was every bit the dumb, self-involved homophobe I expected him to be. Kinda ruins the humor when you know they're serious, methinks...

anyhow, maybe i'll give 'em another shot since you recommend.

good luck to you both! check out The Petcast, too!!!

-Steve (The Strip)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home