Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Positives

OK, I'm going to focus on the positives. I am. I really am. Just give me a minute to remember what they are.

Positive #1: We're still homeschoolers. My focus is still on what happens with my children and their education and their well-being.

Positive #2: We have our health. None of us have life-threatening illnesses.

Positive #3: If I can make $400 a month, we can still go to Orlando for a major vacation in September.

Positive #4: I have a college degree; I'm an adult; that means I make more than minimum wage for my starting salary at the grocery store.

Positive #5: This isn't rocket science; I can learn how to run a register.

Positive #6: ...

OK, I ran out of positives. I'll think of them tomorrow! While I'm learning how to run the registers! Tomorrow is when it gets fun! ...

Right?

3 Comments:

At 31/3/06 4:08 PM, Blogger Wanda E. Santiago said...

Hey I can't wait to hear your stories about this new adventure!! I wish you the best!! Keep thinking VACATION that will make the time fly!! Hugs Wanda

 
At 31/3/06 9:18 PM, Blogger Mary Kay said...

Hi, Bay! I'm a lurker here, but I must have missed something... I knew you were considering a part-time job; you're going to be a checker, is that it? I could never stand on my feet all day. Do they have a "couch-potato checker" position??

Just wanted you to know I pimped your blog on 2Peas, on a "what are your 5 favorite blogs" thread. (I only put yours and Karen Burniston's, though. Here's the thread: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=1686506

 
At 1/4/06 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bay,

You'll do fine at the grocery store. I did that for quite some time while in high school. That was before scanners so the buttons were a big deal then lol.

Just keep chanting, "Mickey Hug, Dole Whip, Turkey Leg, Tiki Room, Space Mt. Test Track, Kilamanjaro Safari, Adventurers' Club, Tower of Terror, Hitchhiking Ghosts, and most of all..."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."

Hang in there! A fellow DizNut Club Scrap Addict-Lori aka 'fantayzya'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home