Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Generational delights



When I was a teenager, Mama used to take me to Baskin Robbins.

I don't recall that she took me a lot when I was younger. It's just that when I was of the mall generation, we were there, and the Baskin Robbins was close.

Tonight, I shared that tradition with Woodrow. He's 13. Emily was at church, and I had errands to run. Woodrow came with me, and enjoyed the largesse of a stop by the popular ice cream emporium entirely by accident.

We agonized over which flavor to choose - as I recall that I did when I was 13 with Mama -- and I finally got a double scoop. The World Class Chocolate was right next to Lemon Custard, so I got two scoops of that on a sugar cone.

Woodrow got peanut butter and chocolate in a sugar cone. We argued all the way home about which one was best.

I'm still sure that mine was best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home