Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Problems with layout...

What do you do when you're having trouble with a layout?

Well, I don't know what *you* do, but I tend to suddenly find myself reciting long-forgotten "poetry" from my childhood. Here are a few favorites, appropos of nothing.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair --
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, wuz he?

Ooey Gooey
Ooey Gooey was a worm,
A mighty worm was he.
He climbed upon the railroad track --
A train he did not see.
Oooooooooooooey Gooooooooooooeyyyyyyyy.

And finally, this tidbit. I learned this from Lisa Goldberg at camp when I was 7 years old. Lisa Goldberg was by far the funniest and smartest girl at camp. I heard many years later that she was writing for David Letterman. That was, like, the most sensible thing I had ever, ever heard. One recites this poem upon the utterance of a burp:
Excuse me, please, for being so rude.
It was not me; it was my food.
It got so lonely down below,
It just popped up to say, "Hello!"

Now I'm going to be awake all night wondering if I've remembered her name correctly. Man, it stinks to get old and forget the names of the most clever and righteously funny girls at camp!

Back to the salt mines......