Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

It's not about East vs. West

It's not about East vs. West. It's not about the G8 Summit. It isn't religious differences, nor politics, nor even political leaders.

It's about people who hate people.

And I don't understand that. I can't understand that. They can dress it up and say that they're attacking for religious or political beliefs, or because they're tired of the economic prosperity of Western civilization, but what it really boils down to is a complete disregard for life.

On a message board this morning, I saw a post of sympathy from an American to all British citizens on the grounds that Tony Blair was one of our staunchest allies following 9/11. But Tony Blair wasn't on the subway when the bombs went off -- in fact, I wonder when he last saw a subway train. The terrorists attacked innocent civilians who were doing nothing more than heading to work.

It's so wrong -- it's so profoundly, incredibly wrong -- I can't even begin to process the horror. If I'm an example of the average person, then we are ill-equipped to "fight terror." All I can do is sit here and think, "How awful, how sad, how pathetic they are to live with such hatred."

It's such a waste of life -- on both sides.

1 Comments:

At 3/2/07 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home