Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Stuff to catch up on

Every once in a while, I write a note about my day for my friends and for Amy, and I think, "I should post that on my travel blog." Then I reconsider. If I wrote it for my friends and sister, is it really suitable for blogging? I'm never sure.

Anyway, here's where life is for me:
- Wesley got an insulin pump.
It took years and years of unregulated blood sugar that always swung violently low, but Wesley finally saw the light and got an insulin pump. He got it on Monday, May 4th. He has been improving immensely ever since. Oh, really, he's been improving in the last month before getting the pump, because the nutrition education has improved so much in the last fifteen years. Yea, nutritionists! Thank you for making our life easier to deal with!

- Emily's growing up. I don't really have a lot to say here, except that my daughter no longer wears all black, all the time.

- The economy sucks. Oh, yeah, everyone knows that. Wesley's still got a job. I don't. I should get one.

- Doris Daylily breaks hearts wherever she goes. This afternoon I was in a store, and the cashier looked outside and saw Doris with Emily. He coo'ed, "Cooooorgiiiiii!" I said that yes, that was a corgi. The cashier then rhapsodized, "I came from California to the South with a Welsh corgi. We lived in Atlanta. The first thunderstorm, she disappeared, and I never saw her again." I thought this was a sad story, but the cashier went on, "I've never had a more loyal dog." I told him to get himself another corgi because they still make that model.

- Rain! Glorious rain, fabulous rain, amazing rain! We've finally made up all the precipitation we were missing two years ago. Yay, rain!

- The air smells so delicious. Honeysuckle, English roses, privet hedge, peonies -- maybe it's just fresh grass and spring weather. Whatever it is, I love it. I wish they could put it in a bottle and let me wear it all year long!

- Woodrow needs to learn to shave his face. He has wild hairs growing out of his chin.

There! I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but this'll do for now. Have a lovely weekend!

2 Comments:

At 18/5/09 8:14 AM, Anonymous Ricky said...

I appreciate the labour you have put in developing this blog. Nice and informative.

 
At 31/5/09 5:14 AM, Blogger Kelley said...

I was lucky enough to get to have some play time with a friend's corgi yesterday. What a treat ! Phoebe and I are officially in love. If her momma didn't love her more than the heavens, I'd have carted her home with me for sure.

Anyhoo, my corgi encounter left me thinking of you and Miss Doris Daylily. Everyone agreed that was the sweetest name they had ever heard. Perfect for the sweetest dog, right?!

Take care Bay, XOXO Kelley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home