Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Peytyn says we brought the rain with us, and she's thrilled. I like the rain, too, because it cools things off. South Florida seems to be a very hot place. OK, I knew that already. Still, it bears repeating. Repeatedly.

We didn't do much Saturday -- I felt icky most of the day and the men decided not to go fishing at all. So we hung out mostly -- the boys went to the neighborhood pool and the girls went to the mall. Sawgrass Mills -- I think it's an outlet mall. Peytyn raved about Rainbow flip-flops from a Ron Jon surf shop, so I went to look at them. My feet have not swelled as much as they usually do when I go on vacation, but they have swelled just enough to keep me from buying flip-flops with leather thongs. :( I need more shoes, dang it.

(What girl doesn't need more shoes? Riiiiiiiiight.)

The girls -- Emily and Perry -- went power shopping while Peytyn and I strolled around in a leisurely manner.

After a while, I was hungry and wanted "a serious burger," so Peytyn took me to Cheeburger Cheeburger. Perry called just as we were headed that way, so we told 'em where we were going and they squealed and said they would join us. I ate *way* too much, but OMG, it was *so good*!!!!!! Exactly what I needed! I got the smallest burger on the menu, a "classic" quarter pounder, with pickles, lettuce, tomato, and I put on my own mustard and ketchup. We also ordered a basket of "frings," a combo of the onion rings and the french fries. YUMMERS! They have a special dipping sauce (for 99 cents extra), and everyone loved it.

I also had a "half" chocolate malt, but it wasn't very malty. It tasted more like a regular milk shake. Altogether with tip, the bill was only $45 -- a bargain for such a glorious meal. And I have no idea if there's a Cheeburger Cheeburger in Tennessee, but I'll be looking for it.

Then the girls went their merry way, and Peytyn and I went to the Mikasa outlet. Peytyn bought a crystal vase -- triple vase, actually -- for a friend's birthday. Mostly we just looked and squealed and drooled. I loved that store!

Then we got the car --- oh, they have valet parking at malls down here! -- and we came home. I collapsed for a *serious* nap while Wesley went shopping for dinner. He made his famous spaghetti sauce, and there was a massive pasta meal for everyone. I could hardly eat anything; I was so overstuffed from lunch. But it was a pleasant evening thanks to the afternoon rains. (Peytyn thought it was cold and told Jim to turn the heat on in the house. In the meantime, I was sweating and very relieved if a breeze blew past us.)

I think I drank too much, and I know Wesley drank too much because he and Jim were reading Trivial Pursuits cards at each other, and Wesley couldn't read any more by the time we left.

Today we're going to get a Cuban lunch, and I think we're going to the Gold Coast Railroad Museum. Woo hoo!!!

Vacation is good.

;)

1 Comments:

At 20/5/07 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a Cheeburger Cheeburger in Chattanooga... dowtown across from the aquarium.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home