Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Friday, January 21, 2005

Hoover Dam side trip

Well, we piled into my rental car and drove out to the Hoover Dam!!!!! It was closer than I remembered it being, and the drive was lovely. We saw a couple of dust devils on the way. And it’s really easy to forget how big Lake Mead is, and yet how it doesn’t look like a real lake. I mean, it’s water in the middle of all these barren rocks and desert terrain. Why doesn’t it look like a real lake?

Woodrow started acting up, and I was getting *really* irritated with him. There were several moments when I wanted say, “Quit acting like a brat.” But then we got to the dam and paid to get into the museum/tour and he started behaving better just because he was interested. Also, we started making the “dam” puns. Woodrow is very sensitive about cursing, and he thought these were the cleverest puns *ever*. He’s easy. ROFL!!!!! At least it made him stop whining.

I bought a “Little Dam Shotglass” for Wesley and an embossed metal postcard for Emily.

On the way back to Amy’s house, we stopped in Carson City and ate a late lunch at a darling little non-touristy diner. Kim called me and we chatted a bit.

Woodrow is playing in the pool again; I’m going to take a nap, and tonight we’re all going out to see a show! Amy and I are gonna see Kathleen Madigan, and Paul & Woodrow are going to see Penn & Teller. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Very excited, very much looking forward to it…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home