Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Bragging "rites"



We interrupt this regularly scheduled blog, already in progress, to bring you breaking news.

I'm in the newest issue of Better Homes & Gardens Scrapbooks Etc.!

Yay, me!

Now, if you're hoping to read the whole essay via my blog, then you are totally out of luck. I insist you go right out and *buy* a copy of this magnificent issue. Not only do I have the essay on the back page, but my dear friend Erikia Ghumm is announced as an official 2006 Creative Team member, too! Besides, they completely re-vamped the layout of the magazine, and it's easier than ever to find exactly what sort of information you seek in the realm of scrapbooking.

I was lucky enough to meet several of the fine people from BH&G Scrapbooks Etc. in Las Vegas. In fact, I think I ran into Katie the most of anyone at the trade show! She is a sweetheart and I always loved chatting with her.

Let me be really clear about this: I am in awe of the editorial staff at BH&G Scrapbooks Etc. They have incredible taste, and I am beyond flattered to have been chosen to have the first essay in the new "I Scrapbook Because..." column. I am excited to be the first, but I confess, I can't wait to read the *next* essay. This is a great feature!!

5 Comments:

At 4/2/06 10:52 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I love the essay. I love that they chose your essay to be the first on the back page. I love the layout. I love the story behind the layout. I love the story behind getting the blasted layout to the magazine, despite the best efforts of the U.S. Postal Service (I think I especially like that story because I was closely involved in it, holding the stopwatch and giving driving directions!) And I love that I was there when you first got a glimpse of your essay in print. You da bomb.

 
At 6/2/06 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful essay and so deserving to be the very first essay of the new feature.

I also love the layout and the story behind it. You did a wonderful job re-creating the layout after the USPS misplaced the original. You should be proud of yourself!

Congratulations!

Your sister is right. You da bomb!

Kathi

 
At 6/2/06 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my issue while you were doing Vegas. The first thing I did was turn to the back page because I knew this was your issue. Wonderful work as always!

 
At 7/2/06 5:06 PM, Blogger Bay in TN said...

You guys are sweet. Thank you!!!! I confess, I keep a copy next to the computer so I can gaze adoringly at it. It's almost like being published for the very first time! Now, who has a straight pin? I need to pop my swelled head so I can get into the kitchen and fix dinner...

 
At 9/2/06 7:14 PM, Blogger Gwyn Calvetti said...

Bay, You know I loved your essay and layout, and of course, they have great taste at that magazine! ;)

So...do you know what the next essay will be? Hmm?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home