Bay's Travel Blog

I don't travel much any more. Resist!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

No, I still don't have Day 6...


For those who have kindly written to ask where the heck Day 6 is... I'm sorry. I have not started that part of the trip report yet. I do still have my copious notes from the trip, and I do plan to write the rest of the trip. I just ... I'm sorry; I'm just so worried about the Katrina victims. All of 'em. From Mobile to NOLA and over to Houston where they're trying to help more than 100,000 refugees. Somehow, it's just very hard to write about a fun little vacation when there's so much devastation and misery in the South.

I go to the scrap table and try to make something, and I work for 12 minutes or so and have to go up front to watch the news again. I just can't stay focused on one thing for any length of time.

I'm sorry. I will write the rest of the trip report. I swear I will. It's just really hard right now.

Thank you for your continuing patience and understanding. And if you have a few minutes, think about how we're going to help those people who need jobs and homes. The Red Cross is a marvelous organization and quite worthy of our contributions, but they don't do much in the way of longterm assistance. If I find out the name and location of such a longterm-help charity, I'll be sure to share it. Right now, I just don't know of one. Maybe Habitat for Humanity. Maybe something else. I would appreciate any suggestions.

--Bay

1 Comments:

At 6/9/05 9:36 PM, Blogger Sophia C. said...

You've just described how I've been feeling. I've spent more time scrapping than anything else this past week and it seems to be the most therapeutic thing I've found since the hurricane. I'm anxious to hear the rest of your story. BTW, I mentioned your blog in my own today.Thanks so much for sharing in such fine detail, I've loved every word! You've really made me want to take a trip back to my roots!

Sophia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home